Test Fest 2019
July 31 – Aug 2 Gyeongsan, South Korea
About Test Fest
This year’s Test Fest will be from July 31st to August 2, 2019 at the Gyeongbuk Technopark’s (GBTP) facilities in Gyeongsan, South Korea.
This Test Fest will lay the groundwork for launching H-field based certification in addition to the traditional Test Fest activities.
We will also be hosting an AirFuel Developer Event focused on AirFuel Resonant on July 30th, which will be open to interested members and non-members. Registration fee for the Developer Event is waived for all Test Fest attendees.
Register no later than June 28 at 5pm PDT to guarantee your spot for Test Fest.
July 31 – Aug 2 2019
9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
1090 Daehak-ri, Hayang-eup,
Republic of Korea
Test Fest Objectives
- Prepare for launch of BSS-A H-field based device certification.
- PTU/PRU interoperability testing.
- Execution of the tests defined in the AirFuel Resonant Interoperability Test Specification.
- Prepare initial list of devices to consider including in the Interoperability Device List (IDL) to support certification of “-A” devices.
- Highlight problems with interpretations of the underlying standards and submit these to the appropriate AirFuel Working Committees (WCs).
- Identify problems with firmware or software interoperability among various vendor implementations within a controlled environment.
What to Expect at Test Fest
- The Certification Authority (CA) will proctor the event and administer the device test slot assignments.
- Participants should provide sufficient test engineering support for their devices under test – one per device is recommended.
- Device makers must provide their own equipment for diagnosing problems and examining results. PTU devices, in particular, must have a method for determining the state of the device. We will coordinate renting local equipment as needed. See the IOT testing specification for details.
- PTU devices using resonators that have not had their magnetic field characterized with an H-field scanner should be prepared to adjust their target current levels as needed to generate reasonable field strengths.
- Depending on the number of devices participating, testing may be complete before the last day of the event (Friday, August 2nd).
- Sign Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) and Rules of Engagement (RoE) to facilitate open and unambiguous discussions among all participants.
AirFuel Developer Event
July 30, 2019
We will be hosting a Developer Event focused on AirFuel Resonant on July 30th before Test Fest. It will be open to interested members and non-members, and a detailed agenda will be available on this page in the coming weeks.
- AirFuel Developer Event – Open to All
- July 30
- $59 USD per attendee for non-members
- No fee for Test Fest attendees
- Test Fest – AirFuel Members only
- July 31 – Aug 2
- $375 USD per participant
- No fee for Test Labs
Additional Registration Details
Registration Criteria & Eligibility
A minimum level of participation from device makers will be needed in order to hold the event: At least two (2) PTU and twp (2) PRU devices with a diversity of at least (2) vendors participating in the resonant testing. If those minimum requirements, based on paid registration fees, are fulfilled three (3) weeks before the Test Event, AirFuel reserves the right to cancel or postpone the entire event to a future date and/or location. The AirFuel staff will communicate any event scope change to membership no later than July 19, 5PM PDT.
AirFuel Test Events are open to all AirFuel members in good standing. Attendance is strictly limited to individuals from companies with hardware to test and Test Lab member personnel who will support the testing objectives. If your company is not able to participate in this event, you will still be eligible to participate in future events if desired. E-Qualus Partners will coordinate this event for AirFuel. If you have any questions or concerns about their coordination of this event, please contact Ed Pichon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Test Lab Participation
Test lab members are encouraged to register and to use this opportunity to work with AirFuel devices and to build testing competence in the updated BSS-A specifications.
AirFuel Alliance will require that each company participating in the event complete an umbrella Test Fest NDA in order to participate in the event. This NDA will be provided to those companies that express an interest in participation and is not subject to alteration or customization.
AirFuel Alliance also requires that each individual participant of the event complete the “Rules of Engagement” (RoE) Agreement. This document is available for review and signature during the participant registration process. This document is not subject to alteration or customization. Failure to sign this completed agreement will prevent the individual from participation.
Late Registrations, Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Submissions after June 28 will be placed on a wait list, and the event may be cancelled if registration numbers are not sufficient.
- Registrations after July 19 will be subject to a $1250 per device fee.
- Cancellations received on or before July 19, 2019 receive $200 refund.
- Cancellations received after July 19, 2019 – NO REFUND.
AirFuel Certification Authority